Thanks to everyone who came out for the April meeting. The executives presented on a range of topics, providing something for everyone.
Thom Rawson (President) presented about making a digital textbook.
- By making learning materials digital, teachers are better able to engage students where they spend much of their time and attention already: online and on their digital devices.
- Digital textbooks allow for immediate feedback to students through automatic grading. This not only saves time for the teacher but can motivate students.
- There are a variety of platforms available for creating digital coursework, including the following:
- LMS: Moodle, Blackboard, Manaba
- Google: Google Docs, YouTube, Blogger